Vision and Values
To support our desire for 'oneness' across our infant and junior schools, a joint vision was agreed by Pinxton Village Academies staff. It states that we will:
- Prepare for the future
- Value the now
- Achieve everyday
Our new motto, Stronger Together, reflects that the three schools are working together more closely as a single school.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission statement has remained the same and is: teach children how to learn for life by providing them with skills and experiences to inspire limitless aspirations.
At Pinxton Village Academies we are passionate about teaching and learning and we are proud of our achievements. Not only do we strive for excellence by aiming high, we also know learning should be fun too. We want all members of our school community to thoroughly enjoy what we do in our school. We continually strive to:
- Provide a secure and caring environment in which everyone is equally appreciated, enabling everyone to succeed in achieving their potential.
- Provide a wide and stimulating curriculum to foster enquiring minds and an enjoyment of learning.
- Actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Ensure all pupils and adults feel respected and valued.
- Provide a happy and stimulating environment that encourages high expectations and achievement.
- Actively encourage pupils not only to take responsibility for themselves, but helps prepare them in becoming increasingly independent and good citizens in the future.
Flying High Trust Values
As proud members of Flying High Trust our schools adopt the 7 Trust values of:
These values are integral to everything we do as pupils and staff in our schools.
The Flying High Trust is a partnership of schools across Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City and Derbyshire. Schools work together to ensure we are relentless in ensuring our children receive the best possible opportunities and experiences. This is achieved through a true collaboration where all
decisions centre on children and schools are empowered to adopt best practice, adapt it within the context of each school and fly!
Working together, relentless in our pursuit of excellence to create the best schools in the universe, where we make every day count.
- An unshakeable commitment to a school led system, where every member of staff is empowered to improve our partnership and shape the futures of our children.
- A determination to develop talent, delivered through a professional continuum available for all staff.
- Relentless in our pursuit of excellence for every child, school and community.
Our values underpin all that we do, putting children at the heart of every decision:
We aim for our schools to be the best in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values. The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of
providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and
- development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our families and wider communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
Contact the Flying High Partnership:
CEO Mr Chris Wheatley
Chair Mr Neil Robinson
Both the CEO and Chair can be contacted using the details below:
Flying High Trust
2a Vickery Way
Telephone 0115 989 1915
Facebook Flying High Partnership
Please click here to access key Trust documents including:
- Articles of Association
- Master Funding Agreement
- Statement of Accounts
- Model Scheme of Delegation
- Trustees Register of Business Interests
- School Improvement Strategy
- Trust Business Plan
- Governance structure, terms of reference and school governor information
Click here to meet the Flying High central team
Click here to meet the Members
Click here to meet the Trustees
Click here to see all schools within the partnership
Click here to find out about vacancies across the Partnership